Repeat prescriptions will be issued at the doctor’s discretion and are normally for patients on long-term treatment.
They may be obtained by:
- Processing your request online (please ask our receptionists about this method).
- Handing your repeat slip to the chemists in Abergele and they will request the prescription from the surgery for you, then collect your medication from the chemist. They also provide a prescription collection service (which is free of charge). You should hand in your prescription request to the surgery (nominating which chemist should collect it from us). The chemist will then pick up the signed prescription, make up your medication and have it ready for you in the shop.
- Ticking your requirements on the computer-issued repeat slip which is attached to your prescription and placing it in the designated box in reception. Unmarked requests cannot be processed.
- Posting the request, including a stamped addressed envelope.
- If you are housebound the chemists also offer a medication delivery service, which again is free of charge.
If you require further information on collection/delivery please contact our receptionists, who will give you full details.
The practice requires at least 48 working hours' notice for your prescription to be ready for collection. This will also apply if you use either the collection or delivery service. We do not accept telephone requests for repeat prescriptions because of the potential danger of misinterpretation.
Your medication requirements will be regularly reviewed.